Engineer Review- Elk and Deer Antler Products
Pros of using antler chews:
- Dog enjoys tough marrow in the middle of chew
- Found in the USA from naturally shedding deer/elk
- If you have a band saw you can cut chew in half for even more marrow exposure
- Smoked variety even more enticing to dog
- Dog eventually got sick of chew, but boiled it in low sodium broth for 5 minutes and dog enjoys again. Also a good trick for older dogs where marrow is too hard for them (softens it)
- Rubbing peanut butter into cracks and marrow creates around 1.5hr of chewing for dog
- Perfect to put in dog crate when leaving the house
- Cleans teeth, safe for dog, no ingestible parts
- No worry of chipping or splintering
- No chemicals or other products added, all natural chew
- Great for aggressive or destructive chewers.
Cons of using antler chews:
- Costly product
- Marrow hard and sharp, could be tough on gums
- Once the antler gets worn down enough, can start breaking off pieces of the walls. These are sharp and may injure the dog.
*Percent of time dog spent chewing Antlerz: 75%, other chews “finish”, this one never does!*
- I love chewing on this stick
- The inside tastes so good!
- I love when master puts peanut butter inside the middle, I can smell peanut butter for a long time after!
- Bored….what to do….hmmm…..oh I’ll chew on that stick again!
- Mmmm….tastes like chicken! See you when you return, master!
Share this post